Sunday, April 17, 2011

Naked Cowgirl Updates 4/17/11

Sunday, April 10th
This week ended as good as it started! Last Sunday was a chilly, but fairly sunny day in Times Square where I stood for about an hour playing guitar and taking photos with people from all over the world. I usually hand out one of my postcards to each person who gets a photo with me and often they find me on Facebook and "tag" the photo. It's nice to find out later on a little bit about the person, such as a name or origin.
From there I was picked up by Lori Michaels, Rula Kanawati, and Courtney Lynch to attend the Unveiling of the GIO Photo Gallery at RF Lounge to benefit the LGBT Center in NYC. The Photos on display, taken by Kristen Zier of KMT Photography, have real heart-felt meaning to her and those who came out to support her. One photo in particular caught my attention so much that I had to purchase it for a friend of mine who is pregnant and I knew would be deeply touched by it. Special Guests included Elvis Duran (Z100's Elvis Duran and the Morning Show), Lori Micheals (Musician/Record Producer), and honorary host, Matt Martin. To see a Youtube Video of the event, go to "NEALB.tv: The Unveiling of the GIO Photo Gallery at RF Lounge- 4.10.11".
Thursday, April 14th
I met with Lori Michaels and Courtney Lynch at the Secaucus Recreation Center to work on our "Ride It Like A Cowgirl" dance. Our first appearance is on June 3rd at Georgie's Bar in Asbury Park and we want to make sure everybody is doing the "Cowgirl Dance"!
Saturday, April 16th
Naked Cowboy and I went to a Keith Collins event last night at Foundation on Essex St. in NY . As always, Keith filled the place with fun people, photographers, drinks and good music. Details about his new film coming out this summer and photos from the night will be posted soon. One good thing about going out half naked is that when you're walking in a torrential down pour, you don't have to worry about your clothes getting wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment