Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day in Times Square 2011

May day started at 6:50am this morning to the alarm that would make sure I was on time for work. No, I was not going to Times Square as the Naked Cowgirl at 7am, I was heading to Hackensack University Medical Center where I am a part-time x-ray tech. Like New York City, hospitals NEVER SLEEP! Luckily, I only had to work 4 hours for the holiday which gave me enough time to rush home, change from my scrubs into my bikini, and get into the ICON parking garage on 44th and Broadway by 1:30pm.
Considering it was less than a week ago I was out there during the big blizzard in 22 degree temperatures, 48 degrees felt pretty good. I've never had the desire to be in the heart of Times Square to watch the ball drop. Believe it or not, I hate being cold and don't participate in many outdoor activities. Never mind the fact that your shoulder-to-shoulder with people for MANY HOURS if you plan on seeing the ball drop.
Today was perfect! It was super busy, a bit warmer, still confetti on the ground, and there was NO TRAFFIC coming from New Jersey through the Lincoln Tunnel. A few days ago, I actually got off the bus in Union City, NJ at the last stop BEFORE the tunnel because the traffic was SOOO BAD that I wouldn't have made it back on time to train my clients that evening. Did I mention I'm also a Personal Trainer? You can go to www.cindyfoxfitness.com to see more.
I lasted 1 hour and 25 minutes before my thighs tensed up so much from shivering. It was incredibly busy and very nice to take hundreds of photos with all the tourists from all over the world that were here to experience the tradition that Dick Clark started years ago in Times Square, New York. Happy New Year to all of you who read this. Feel free to leave a comment and also visit my other website www.nakedcowgirlfox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment